About the job
- RISK GSA’s core responsibilities aim at animating and maintaining the Group’s strategic risk governance framework in close coordination with the RISK Business Domains and the other RISK teams, allowing for risk appetite decisions and orientations on business strategies and risk.
- This department is global, covering the different types of risk: credit risk, counterparty risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk.
- RISK GSA is a worldwide department, located in Paris, London, Brussels, New York, Hong Kong and Lisbon.
- Internship positions are proposed in three different areas, part of the GSA Lisbon department:
Credit Portfolio Analysis team, in charge of analyzing the quality and dynamics of the Group credit portfolio, including Environmental Social & Governance thematic (ESG). The team is working in close coordination with the RISK practitioners, Regions and Businesses,
Operational Risk Analysis & Capital team, in charge of analyzing the Group’s operational risk profile, its evolution over time, and performs calculation of regulatory capital pursuant to operational risk,
Data Management team, implementing agile and innovative solutions in terms of data processing, automation and visualization; and contributes to Group-wide complex regulatory requests.
Your Main Activities Are
Discover a transversal, data-driven and dynamic place for Risk Management
Interact with various stakeholders in Portugal, Europe and other Regions
Help in the analysis of credit risk or operational risk in relation with different stakeholders
Develop your analytical and data skills working with data visualization tool
Know better the Bank, its environment and the strategic role of the RISK function
Profile and Skills to Success
Academic background: Master degree
Recently graduated or in last academic year at school or following a Post-Graduate
Good communication skills (written and oral)
Strong curiosity and team player
Fluency in English
For internship position in Data Management: need to have a first experience on development / data analysis using SAS, Python, or other languages
Duration: 6-9 months
About the Team
- GSA Lisbon is offering several internships positions to discover various banking missions: analysis on credit risk, analysis on operational risk and development of data solutions for risk management, depending on your university background.
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
- Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
- Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.