About the job
- By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey stays here
- RISK Global Markets Metrics acts as a center of expertise covering market, counterparty and liquidity risks metrics, contributing to the analysis and anticipation of Global Markets risks. The organization is articulated around two main “pillars” on market and counterparty risks, while offering team members the opportunity to work transversally across topics
- The role is focused in the Counterparty Risk Pillar, with the key responsibilities being
- Monitor and review counterparty risk metrics and frameworks, notably regarding collateral envelopes and eligibility, Wrong Way Risk, Bilateral Initial Margin, counterparty risk sensitivities and stress test reports
- Perform standard counterparty portfolio analysis in preparation of credit annual reviews
- Produce, review and report CCPs and the clearing risks for the Group
- Analyse & monitor Economic and Regulatory Measures – including Stress Testing – linked to Counterparty Credit Risk on the global scope of counterparties
- Set up Controls around Data quality issues detection and propose initiatives for their remediation
- Propose systems enhancements for counterparty risk monitoring: Work with IT teams on projects to digitalize and improve counterparty risk production and explain
Your Main Activities Are
- Contribute to the risk management tasks of the team, such as supporting Business on deal simulation, reporting to senior management, stress testing, counterparty risk analysis, among others
- Monitoring of counterparty risk exposures on clearing perimeter, by
- Understanding the origin of the exposures
- Understanding of the margining mechanisms
- Designing relevant stress-tests on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Monitoring of market risk sensitivities by counterparty
- Interacting regularly within DEC RISK, RISK I2S and RISK Corp teams to share information
- Production of regular risk monitoring reports and contribute to counterparty risk forums
- Review and analyse, from counterparty risk angle, all transactions under the following categories: trades not adequately represented in risk systems or for which the Business needs support when simulating them, trades with counterparties already in excess and/or trades that trigger an excess when simulated
- Play an active role in innovative and transformative actions undertaken in RISK GM. This includes a close collaboration with other teams to continue industrialisation and enhancements of existing tools and processes
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects, such as ad-hoc stress testing or investigating the impact of new regulation for the bank
- Continuously challenge existing practices when better solutions might be available. This includes
- Risk Systems processes or counterparty risks models assumptions or implementations
- Adequacy of the scenarios and risk metrics chosen for counterparty risk
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master Degree in Math/ IT/ Finance/ Engineering
- Between 2 and 4 years or relevant experience
- Expertise in Risk, Finance
- Fluent level of English, both oral and written are mandatory
- Knowledge in
- Python or R. SQL is a plus
- Microsoft Office (with VBA) is required
- Credit risk metrics (Exposure at Default, PD, etc.) and exposure metrics (VaR)
- Derivatives instruments and associated risk drivers
- Risk Management is a plus
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Steady personality, well organized and analytical approach
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.