By Joining RISK Portugal at BNP Paribas, you will be part of a dynamic, talented and expert team, with a global coverage. You will be able to develop your knowledge through career development plan and internal mobility. The journey starts here.
About the job
- The Risk Analyst mission is to encompasse the monitoring of exposures on the BNPP's clients, in order to ensure that BNPP is not exposed above the company's risk appetite. This will include monitoring, analysis, decision making and constant discussion with all stakeholders
Your Main Activities Are
- Be in charge of producing analysis and reporting to management on credit and counterparty risk
- Contribute both to business and credit teams with analysis and suggestion on calibration of limits adequate to the client
- Monitor data quality in risk systems and work on corrections when necessary
- Work together with the business to ensure we have a proper risk framework in place
- Work together with IT development and Business Analysts to ensure all system improvements are in line with our RISK requirements and expectations
- Contribute to the "RISK of tomorrow" by having an innovative mindset and thinking outside the box
- Perform VAR analysis when applicable
- Be in charge of doing portfolio analysis when applicable
- Be in charge of producing stress tests when applicable
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor Degree in Finance
- Fluent level of English, both oral and written (mandatory)
- Knowledge in
- MS Office Pack (MS Excell)
- Risk Management (is a plus)
- Analytical Ability
- Decision Making
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail / rigor
- Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
- Communication skills - oral & written
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.