At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The TA Recruiter role provides recruiting support with full responsibility for candidate phone screens, assessments, offers and managing the hiring process for high volume non-exempt positions
Essential Job Functions
- Work with Hiring Managers to understand position requirements, set expectations, and maintain communications throughout the talent acquisition process
- Post job and review internal and external candidate's resumes to assess their fit.
- Source candidates through job postings, referrals, and other effective sourcing strategies
- Conduct phone screens, provide candidate assessments, and recommend viable candidates to hiring manager for further consideration
- Assist in scheduling candidate telephone and in person interviews
- Conduct reference checks on top candidates; extend verbal offer, offer letter and manage pre-hire on boarding process
- Manage all candidate communications and information to ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the Talent Acquisition process
- Achieve metrics and goals including quality of applicant pools, diversity, number of hires, and time-to-fill
- Follow up with feedback to external candidates who were interviewed and all internal candidates
- Manage all candidate tracking and status updates in the Applicant Tracking System.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Technology savvy; experience utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) products.
- Experience with an ATS system; Taleo preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.