At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for planning, directing and managing activities of a regional banking division to accomplish profit, growth, referral, quality, and service objectives. Responsible for overall planning and performance in all of the following functions within the division: business development, customer retention, credit and service quality, and human resources management.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Oversees and coordinates regional banking activities/functions as well as other lines of business in a geographic area. Develops overall business plans and financial budgets for the division. Manages strategies, tactics, programs and budgets to meet agreed upon objectives and periodically reports status to top management.
- Ensures a high standard of credit quality through the process of credit approval and portfolio maintenance.
- Implements policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data; has authority to recommend and/or approve loans within signing authority level; recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate and/or recommends loans for denial.
- Provides input regarding loan product pricing and features for loans over approval authority.
- Provides direction and leadership in the development and communication of bank policies and goals. Delegates authority to ensure that values and culture support the bank’s long-term business goals and the effective utilization of human resources.
- Represents the bank as appropriate in its relationships with joint ventures, major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies and similar groups.
- Obtains and evaluates general and specific business conditions, and keeps top management advised on such matters.
- Makes recommendations regarding the bank’s product and market coverage in collaboration with research, product development, marketing, pricing, and operational activities.
- Assumes responsibilities for carrying out operations in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations, securing professional counsel when necessary.
- Manages employees through subordinates, usually other managers. Establishes performance goals, allocates resources and assesses annual performance for direct subordinates.
- Ensures that customer service personnel maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude achieving stated service standards.
- Monitors markets, industries and competitive financial institutions with potential acquisition or merger interest to maintain an updated information base.
- Participates in acquisition and growth or divestiture activities, including investigations and evaluations in accordance with bank objectives and plans.
- Assess present and future needs, trends, problems and profit opportunities for functions within the division and for creation and development of new functions.
- Ensures that the division’s operating procedures are in compliance with the approved policies and procedures of the bank.
- Requires exceptional business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Requires technical and operational capability to define and/or oversee program design in broad area of responsibility.
- Typically has broad substantive management experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization.
- Applies extensive business and industry expertise and provides organizational thought leadership.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor’s degree in management or business-related subject
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Thorough knowledge of consumer and commercial lending, sales, and financial service needs of individuals and business prospects and customers.
- Analytical and research.
- Bank product and service knowledge.
- Coordinate events and meetings.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Use personal computer.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Management