Reporting and Consolidation Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
BNP Paribas has engaged on a transformation of Group Finance operating model and decided to create Group Finance Services (GFS) in Portugal, as a response to an increase in regulatory evolutions. GFS is a reporting and servicing centre, which covers a broad range of Finance activities for Group Finance and other métiers and entities within BNP Paribas worldwide.
Launched in 2016, GFS has quickly become a reference in the field, thanks to the expertise developed. It aims at further establishing itself as a front line player by leading the way to innovation in financial services methodologies.
Within Group Finance Services, Accounting & Reporting is in charge of the production of the Financial Statements (IFRS standards and French GAAP) for a set of French subsidiaries, including the French fiscal obligations and the production of financial reports contributing on the BNP Paribas’s Financial and Regulatory statements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As Reporting and Consolidation analyst, you will be responsible for the production of IAS Financial reporting and IAS Prudential reporting of Retail banking BNP Paribas subsidiaries, in close relationship with business lines and the Head office.
Your main missions are to:
- Ensure the production and the reliability of the consolidation and prudential packages, contributing on the BNP Paribas’s Financial and Regulatory statements (quarterly basis)
- Analyse variations from a closing to another through analytical reviews on the net operating income, the operating expenses, the cost of risk and the bridge between the accounting and risk data
- Ensure and adapt the data control plan
- Maintain an efficient relationship with the accounting community especially the Business lines (Support, training…)
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes (controls, restitution and synthesis)
- Participate to transversal projects (new tool, merger of entities, …)
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Professional experience: Between 4 and 7 years of experience as Reporting officer or in a similar role
- Strong understanding of accounting and international accounting framework
- Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate)
- Leadership and communication skills
- Planning, coordination and organisation skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with international locations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.