About the job
You will be focused mainly on our REPO/Securities Lending business, providing not only internal support to our business desks, but also to our clients. You will have full visibility over the market and the opportunity to be right in the middle of the business making decisions dealing very closely with our sales and trading desks currently located in London and Paris with increasing business flowing from Lisbon as well. You will be included in a young and dynamic team and accompanied during your internship by your colleagues in Lisbon but also by coworkers from London and Paris.
Your Main Activities Are
- Supporting the sales / trading desks with operational and client relationship issues
- Directly assisting client’s Front office with whatever help they require
- Manage our own bond collateral portfolio
- Liaising with Backoffice and Middleoffice teams to fix operational issues
- Elaborate reports to assist trading and sales with improving business with clients
- Monitor trades
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Management or similar (Master’s degree appreciated)
- Basic knowledge of Financial Markets, with incidence on the Fixed Income scope
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and listening in English (French or other languages will be take into account as well)
- Ability to work under constant pressure while multitasking
- Great ability to develop relationships within the workspace
- Strong analytical skills
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial and with willingness to learn more about everything
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 68 countries, with around 193 000 Employees – including more than 148 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 6.500 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.