Relationship Officer for European Corporate Hub Lisbon – Spanish required
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within the European Corporate Hub located in Lisbon, we are looking for a Relationship Officer to manage the relationships with corporate clients incorporated in several European countries. International clients and trades are at the core of BNP Paribas’ strategy and the team will be key in providing these clients with an harmonized and best-in-class service. MISSION Manage the Bank’s relationship with certain subsidiaries of the group’s international corporate clients as Relationship Officer (RO) in an innovative, digital and industrial way.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Relationship Officer is responsible for ensuring a high quality service to the Bank’s corporate clients. Supported by several teams (Due Diligence, Client Service, Credit Analysts), the Relationship Officer adds value to his/her clients by listening to his/her needs and bring the most adapted solution.
More specifically, the Relationship Officer is responsible for:
- Servicing corporate clients digitally via phone, email, chat and visio
- Ensuring that the business is performed in alignment with the group’s «One Bank» strategy
- Acting in a product neutral manner in the best interest of the clients and of the BNP Paribas group globally
- Ensuring that compliance rules (Know Your Customer + Fight against money laundering and Terrorism Financing) and all BNPP regulations for client intake and client servicing are observed, as well as any local country regulations
- Participating in the credit process and follow-up on credit decisions
As a Relationship Officer you will be part of an exciting new platform. Playing an active role in the development of the team, sharing knowledge on best practise and having a teamwork mindset are required.
- Good command of English + other languages (Dutch, German, Spanish, French, Italian, etc)
- University degree, preferably in Finance or Business Administration
- Ability to communicate (1-2 years of experience in a commercial role is a plus)
- Teamwork mindset
- Ability to navigate in an international network
- Sense of responsiveness and quality of service
- Appetite for digital solutions
- Flexibility to participate in a start-up project
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Excel, One Note, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Understanding of general economic business principles, Compliance and Credit are a plus
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.