Relationship Officer for European Corporate Hub Lisbon - French Required
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
Within the European Corporate Hub located in Lisbon, we are looking for a Relationship Officer to manage the relationships with corporate clients incorporated in several European countries.International clients and trades are at the core of BNP Paribas’ strategy and the team will be key in providing these clients with an harmonized and best-in-class service.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Relationship Officer is responsible for a high service quality to the clients. Supported by several a teams, the Relationship Officer adds value to the client by coordinating and leveraging several internal stakeholders. Therefore, managing relationships with clients and with other areas of BNP Paribas is key for a Relationship Officer to succeed.
More precisely, the Relationship Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring that the business carried out is performed in alignment with the group’s «One Bank» strategy. Act in a product neutral manner in the best interest of the clients and of the BNP Paribas group globally
- Ensuring that compliance rules (account monitoring on anti-money laundering (AML) and Terrorism Financing risks (CFT) and all BNPP regulations for client intake and client servicing are observed, as well as any local country regulations with respect to the client you’re dealing with. The Relationship Officer is end responsible for the application of the Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures within Germany
- Participating in the credit process and follow-up on credit decisions
- Servicing clients in a digital manner.
As a Relationship Officer you will be part of an exciting new platform. Playing an active role in the development of the team, sharing knowledge and having a teamwork mind-set are required. Understanding of economic business principles and processes are a plus.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Other languages are a plus (German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, etc)
University degree, preferably in Finance or Business Administration
- Ability to communicate, interact and engage with clients, ability to express yourself in a clear and impactful manner.
- Sense of responsiveness and quality of service, attention to details
- Understanding of general economic principles, Compliance and Credit for Corporates
- Experience in banking products (Cash Management, Trade Finance, Deposits, etc)
- Having a prior experience in Coverage/Relationship Management is a plus
- Flexibility to participate in a start-up project
- Ability to navigate in an international network and work in a team
- Showing appetite for digital solutions
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Excel, One Note, Outlook, Powerpoint, etc)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.