About the job
- Within the European Corporate Hub, we are looking for a Relationship Officer to digitalize and manage the bank’s relationship with Dutch subsidiaries of the group’s international corporate clients. International clients are at the core of BNP Paribas strategy and the team will be key in providing these clients with a harmonized and best in class services in the Netherlands.Manage the bank’s relationship with Dutch subsidiaries of the group’s international corporate clients as Relationship Officer (RO) in an innovative, digital and industrial way.
- The Relationship Officer is responsible for a high service quality to the clients. Supported by several teams, the Relationship Officer adds value to the client by coordinating and leveraging internal stakeholders. Therefore, managing relationships with clients and with other areas of BNP Paribas is key for a Relationship Officer to succeed. Part of the Dutch Coverage Team, the RO reports to the Head of European Corporate Hub in Lisbon.
- As a Relationship Officer you will be part of an exciting new platform. Therefore playing an active role in the development of the team, sharing knowledge and having a teamwork mind-set are required. Basic understanding of general economic business principles and processes are a plus.
Your Main Activities Are
- Ensuring that the business carried out in the Netherlands is performed in alignment with the group’s «One Bank» strategy. Act in a product neutral manner in the best interest of the clients and of the BNP Paribas group globally
- Ensuring that compliance rules (account monitoring on anti-money laundering (AML) and Terrorism Financing risks (CFT) and all BNPP regulations for client intake and client servicing are observed, as well as any local country regulations with respect to the client you’re dealing with. The Relationship Officer is end responsible for the application of the Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures within the Netherlands
- Participating in the credit process and follow-up on credit decisions
- Servicing clients in a digital manner
Profile and Skills to Success
- University degree, preferably in Finance or Business Administration
- 1-2 years experience in a commercial role or start-up project
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Team player
- Ability to cooperate in an international network
- Sense of responsiveness and quality of service
- Appetite for digital solutions
- Flexibility to participate in this start-up project
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint, among Others)
- Availability for training abroad (up to 2 months)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.