BNP Paribas Australia Branch has an opening for a candidate who is looking to establish a career working within the Multinational Corporates Coverage (MNC) Team.
The role involves the Relationship Management of the Australian subsidiaries of BNP Paribas’ key global clients. This provides the candidate with the opportunity to gain experience dealing with companies across many countries and industries.
MNC Coverage supports Clients with the full suite of Corporate Banking products from basic transaction banking to structured finance and risk mitigation solutions.
This role provides an opportunity to manage our clients with mainly basic banking requirements, however the candidate will also have the opportunity to assist and gain experience in more complex deals.
1. Business development and marketing efforts
Assuming direct commercial responsibilities by maintaining and pro-actively developing a selected portfolio of MNCs, maximizing revenues within cost, capital and liquidity constraints to achieve budget (assign individually and to the team):
- Define yearly Client Action Plan
- Initiate marketing strategies in line with the Regional MNC Strategy and prepare customized pitching
- Originate new business opportunities (prospecting new clients or increasing market penetration on existing clients) through appropriate level of interactions with clients
- Cross sell products (loans, trade finance, cash management, FX…) that match the needs of clients and leverage capabilities of the Bank
- Ensure appropriate level of interactions with clients (at minima as define in KPIs) and complete in a timely manner and with accuracy call reports and pipeline deals.
- Communicate Client’s information to the appropriate stakeholders within the Bank
- Leverage on the Regional reach of the MNC franchise to develop opportunities with new clients
- Manage the portfolio to provide high quality service to meet/exceed clients’ requirements for banking and investment needs
- Monitor and steer the portfolio to reach targets and follow-up business opportunities identified
- Maintain a problem-solving approach as regards to issues raised by clients, while protecting the Bank’s interest
2. Risk/credit monitoring and compliance with Bank’s policies and regulatory requirement
- Cautiously monitor the Credit Risk associated to the portfolio, including the completion and presentation of credit papers (supported by an Analyst) to a Credit Committees as required.
- Collaborate with local Credit teams, so that all required information and insight are provided in a timely manner to the Credit Analysts
- Proactively monitor, anticipate and broadcast risk deterioration across portfolio and ensure annual reviews are done in due time
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that local amendments to Regional legal documentation (account opening forms, facility letters) comply with the defined framework and guidelines
3. Contribute to the development of the MNC franchise and share best practices
- Refer new business opportunities to other countries when client shares such information
- Within MNC teams, share local experience and success for the benefit of the Regional MNC team
- Actively participate in local campaigns and bank focused events including existing client or product local/regional forums, where appropriate
- Contribute to the “Market Intelligence” communicating on inputs received from Clients, competitors, on new products & pricing and initiate new ideas related to the identification of a client’s need
- Partner with Client Services Desk team to support smooth and efficient client on-boarding process, through an active involvement from the RM
- Ensure early involvement and participate in roll-out of any new product launch within the Country, whenever this relates to MNC client needs
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
Knowledge of Corporate Banking products;
Business financial analysis and risk management knowledge;
Understanding of the Bank’s customer compliance requirements; and
Familiar with external Regulatory framework and Guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Negotiation skills and client focused
Self-motivated and detail oriented;
Problem solving and decision making; and
Drive to exceed client and business performance expectations.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Relationship Management and sales/business development experience
- Experience completing Customer Know Your Customer requirements
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Track record of delivering on sales budgets and revenue growth