What you’ll do:
As part of Bank of the West, you’ll be making a positive impact on the environment, your community, and the planet at a leading sustainable bank.
We are looking for a proactive and personable advisor with banking experience to fill the role of Relationship Banker. You’ll be a face of the branch as you enhance customer relationships, refer customers to appropriate business partners, and sell financial products to prospective clients.
You are the first point-of-contact you’ll assess customers’ needs and recommend financial solutions for personal banking, lending, home financing, small business solutions, and more. Managing an assigned portfolio, you’ll also identify opportunities to deepen existing relationships.
This means you’ll do everything from establishing new accounts in compliance with regulations and bank procedures, to promoting financial products through assigned leads, outbound calls, telemarketing, targeted direct mailings, and in-branch selling. You’ll also proactively educate customers about digital self-service options such as how to enroll in online banking, how to pay bills online, and how to make remote deposits.
Relationship Banker is a collaborative role that works with internal partners including business relationship managers, mortgage bankers, and others. Success will be defined by meeting individual goals that contribute to increased branch sales, revenues, and customer experience. You may also handle frontline responsibilities as needed.
What you need:
* Experience with banking sales and products
* University degree or equivalent experience
* A personable nature and good customer service skills, both verbal and written, as well as presentation skills and impeccable telephone etiquette
* Strong knowledge of banking products, consumer lending products, credit products, and other financial services
* Demonstrated sales ability and portfolio management experience
* The ability to build relationships, be part of a team, and work collaboratively
* Problem solving skills and a can-do attitude
* A strong attention to detail
* Comfort and proficiency working with technology and software
* A willingness to enthusiastically manage constantly changing priorities
What’s in it for you?
At Bank of the West, you will be part of fundamentally different type of bank that is having a positive impact on the world. You can be proud to work for an organization that has the strongest environmental policies of any major U.S. bank (defined as those with more than $90 billion in assets). You’ll also be working for a place with a proven commitment to diversity, starting at the very top with our CEO and extending through all levels of the organization.
You’ll do meaningful work that makes a real difference in the world. We are leveraging the power of finance to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. As part of BNP Paribas, you’ll also be working for a global leader in positive banking, and the ninth-largest bank in the world.
We provide our team members with the resources they need to be successful at work, and to thrive outside the office. Whether it’s our healthcare benefits, a gym subsidy, parental leave, global opportunities, flexible working, or simply a pack of post-it notes, we make sure you have what you need.
At Bank of the West and BNP Paribas, we innovate, we develop, we work together, and we care; those are our guiding values, and we live them every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- 0 - 2 yrs Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education. Prior banking sales and products experience. Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience and prefer University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, presentation skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of banking products, consumer lending products, credit products and services.
- Strong demonstrated sales and portfolio and management ability.
- Results driven with demonstrated ability to generate sales based on customer needs.
- Strong knowledge at building relationships, collaboration and team work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to perform branch processes and procedures with strong attention to detail.
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.