At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for branch sales and portfolio growth efforts related to Bank's various financial products to prospective customers. In conjunction with branch sales efforts, supports, promotes, and markets promotional activities, enhance customer relationships, and refers customers to other business partners as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as customers' first point of contact with the Bank by engaging customers to complete needs assessment to identify and recommend financial solutions to best satisfy those needs, including banking solutions, lending solutions, home financing and or small business solutions.
- Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts. Complies with all policies/procedures related to the new account process.
- Promotes digital solutions by assisting customers in the branch with technology and proactively shares digital options via multiple self-service channels.
- Manages assigned portfolio, identifies opportunities to deepen and expand relationship.
- Proactively promotes and markets financial products, including assigned leads, through outbound calls, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling.
- Accountable for individual goals and contributes to increasing branch sales, revenues and customer experience.
- Collaborates with internal partners, such as business relationship managers, mortgage bankers, and others.
- May perform front line responsibilities as needed.
- Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education. Prior banking sales and products experience.
- Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience and prefer University Degree or equivalent experience.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Strong customer service skills, communication skills, both written and verbal, presentation skills, and telephone etiquette.
- Strong knowledge of banking products, consumer lending products, credit products and services.
- Strong demonstrated sales and portfolio and management ability.
- Results driven with demonstrated ability to generate sales based on customer needs.
- Strong knowledge at building relationships, collaboration and team work.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to perform branch processes and procedures with strong attention to detail.
- Effectively use all applicable systems, technology and software to perform job functions.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.