At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Commercial Banking Associate works in a Commercial Banking business center, supporting a team of Relationship Managers with prospecting, sales and customer onboarding and customer service. As part of the sales team, the Associate serves as a critical cornerstone to enhance the client experience. This role offers the opportunity to learn about the commercial banking industry and gain valuable experience working directly with customers.Essential Job Functions
Other Job DutiesRequired Experience
- Support Relationship Manager in sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable banking relationships within the assigned region.
- Assist the Relationship Manager with maintaining and growing current relationships.
- Responsible for the development of customer presentations, pitch books for new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients.
- Provide subject matter expertise on customer onboarding and ongoing customer due diligence/ enhanced due diligence.
- Works with Relationship Managers to on board new customers by gathering required information and input into the system of record.
- Act as key liaison for Relationship Managers and customers for internal and customer inquiries.
- 3 years of relevant experience
Work ExperienceEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree Business related field
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-Newport BeachJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related