At Bank of the West, our
people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel
we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women
entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting
programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of
the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives,
and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader
supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but
as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the
ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and
The Regulatory Reporting
team is responsible for the production of regulatory reports and information
required to ensure compliance to regulatory expectations as well as other
internal monitoring requirements.
Job Description Summary
overseeing and preparing the Bank's regulatory reports in compliance with legal
and regulatory requirements, company policies and procedures, and generally
accepted accounting policies. Apply understanding of current report
production process and requirements to drive automation of report production in
associated reporting tools.
Essential Job Functions
• Oversee and execute
the production of the Regulatory Reporting requirements for the U.S. operations
and the respective entities, including but not limited to the following:
Y-9C – “Consolidated Financial Statements for Bank Holding Companies”
Y-9LP – “Parent Company Only Financial Statements”
Y-11/11S – “Financial Statements of U.S. Nonbank Subsidiaries of U.S. Holding
Y-15 – “Banking Organization Systemic Risk Report”
• Assess, develop and
maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach
for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory
• Communicate issues
with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and
appropriate resolutions are achieved
• Partner with
Financial, business subject matter experts, other analysts and developers to
ensure requirements are captured appropriately and solutions implemented
adequately to address the business needs
• Stays current on new
and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure
compliance for accurate reporting
• Participate in
communication with Business Units on an ongoing basis to anticipate changes in
business and to communicate new regulatory reporting requirements
Other Job Duties
• Participate in
projects as required for new initiatives, process improvements or technology
implementation and development
• Participate in bank examinations
and internal and external audits
• Performs other duties
• Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
• Finance and banking industry background with specific experience covering corporate and institutional banking products and activities (e.g. capital markets, broker dealer, asset management, etc.)
• Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management
• Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and Regulatory Reporting concepts and practices
• Prior experience with Foreign Banking Organization and IHC regulatory requirements is preferred. Experience in key regulatory reports such as FR Y-9C a plus.
• Internal or external audit background. CPA is preferred
• Experience in leading or implementing automation solutions and process improvements.
• Knowledge of Financial and/or Regulatory Reporting requirements, tools and processes; experience in regulatory reporting to key regulators such as the Federal Reserve Bank, FDIC and DFS.
• Ability to understand complex financial products and system architectures, accounting business processes, financial and management reporting (US GAAP), month-end financial close process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
• Proficient in Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) Axiom experience is preferred,
• Working experience with SQL is a plus
• Control mindset and ethics with strong organization and project or team management skills
• Change management, analytical, communication, and problem solving skills
• Ability to build relationships across functional teams, detailed oriented, and strong leadership skills
• Ability to organize and manage multiple, changing priorities, and complete tasks under limited timeframe
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.