Regional Cash Operations Project Manager
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The position holder is responsible for managing and implementing projects/initiatives for APAC Cash Operations.
1. Lead projects / initiatives on new enhancements and changes in APAC Cash operations. Determine and drive process improvement initiatives to enhance STP, operational efficiencies & process controls.
2. Coordinate with various stakeholders (e.g., IT, Business, Operations, etc.) to ensure successful implementation of such projects and initiatives. Ensure efficient understanding and training within operations teams to ascertain that new changes/ procedures are adopted and followed properly.
3. Manage and monitor the UATs of various projects to ensure functions developed are able to meet operational requirements, including resource, test cases, test results, operational readiness.
4. Assist Regional Head of Operations on Transformation & Governance initiatives (e.g., Offshoring, SLA Reviews with Countries and ARPC, etc.)
5. Active participation on ad hoc tasks, projects as assigned by Management from time to time, including preparation of MIS/ KPI data and reports for management reporting
6. Group generic responsibilities:
• Bring Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework
• Minimize operational failure, including but not exclusively the risk of fraud by helping to devise and by implementing sufficient regular controls
• Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or permanent control (or compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
• Comply with internal and external regulatory and compliance requirements
• Comply with the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
• Comply with the BNPP IT Security policies
• Anti‐Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions “AML/FS”) related duties: Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS‐related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Cash Mgmt products & Operations knowledge & experience
• Cash IT system knowledge
• Systems & process
• Control awareness & operational risk skills
• People skills & Mgmt experience
• Good Communication skills
• Customer & Service Focus