Record to Report Accounting Analyst
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General Accounting bookings
- Month end closing and reporting activities including journal entries for one or more entities
- Perform periodical controls and reconciliations
- Perform fixed assets bookings and prepare related reporting
- Prepare VAT and other tax reporting and controls
- Understand and implement Group procedures
- Analysis of open items:
- Perform an open item investigation based on ageing analysis
- Propose to management the necessary corrections on the items
Contact with suppliers and business lines
- Communicate with key stakeholders
- Liaise and provide information to the Group Intercompany team performing Global Group reconciliations
- Bachelor Degree: Accounting, Economics, Business Management or other related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in use of Office applications and ERP system application (SAP/Oracle preferred)
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with flexible schedules and with international locations
- Rigorous with ability to treat confidential information
- Organizational skills and good attention to detail
- Strong team spirit
- Good communication skills (spoken & written), proactive attitude and problem solving skills
- English mandatory (Advanced - Level B2/C1)
- French desirable (Intermediate - Level A2/B1)
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.