At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
As a Sr. Project Manager in the Business Solutions Delivery organization you are responsible for the research, coordination and management of assigned projects for a variety of projects that span Retail, Small to Medium Enterprises and Personal Finance. Types of projects may include (but is not limited to) simplifying processes, improving efficiencies, addressing issues arising from changing business needs, compliance issues, installation or coordination of emerging technologies, new systems and applications etc. You will act as primary point of contact, information hub, and escalation point for smaller projects within an assigned function for all stakeholders including all functional departments, Clients, and Third Party Suppliers. You will work closely with the business and technology teams to synthesize and interpret their requirements into a well-designed solution. Cost/financial impact generally under $5MM.
Essential Job Functions
- Establishes and conducts meetings to communicate expectations, project roles, status updates, track open issues, and work with all groups and clients to resolve issues as required.
- Scopes project and develops Implementation Project Plan and Change Control process for distribution to project participants.
- Gathers and reports project costing, identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans. Develops measurable project goals and objectives and monitors progress toward achievement.
- Drives implementation consistency and quality through execution of project management best practices. Responsible for the project until deliverables are completed.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path items while ensuring project quality and utilizing and following appropriate methodologies.
- Develops detailed project plans including documentation, testing and executing protocol, tasks, budgets, and timelines.
- Conducts project post mortems and communicates lessons learned in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Participates in establishing policies and procedures that are consistent with overall company policies and operating objectives.
- Ability to lead, plan, execute and deliver on projects in a timely manner.
- Excellent leadership, cross-functional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent resource and budget management skills.
- Develops strong relationships built on mutual respect and a focus on continuous improvement
- Prioritizes typical job responsibilities in conjunction with ad hoc requests and team improvements.
- A strong drive for results!
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certifications: PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM
- Experience with Jira/Confluence and CA PPM
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Project Management