At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
The Dealer Relationship Manager-Auto is responsible for managing a group of dealers in an assigned territory. As part of the strategy defined by the company and the Business Line, the Relationship Manager-Auto delivers the quantitative and qualitative results in accordance with Bank of the West policies and the KPI's defined for the Territory and undertakes corrective actions for remediation. This position includes the identification of prospective new dealers and dealer groups, providing program training to dealer customers on program training and managing existing relationships efficiently and effectively. The Relationship Manager will also be responsible for driving change management to support the Bank's transformation and ensuring an effective customer satisfaction process is implemented in the Auto division.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Serves as primary senior contact within assigned territory for prospective and current customers for all of financial, banking, and investment counseling needs, as well as having broader knowledge & analysis of his/her overall market (including development, potential, annual targets, competitive intelligence).
- Prospecting and negotiation with Dealer Management Bodies
Identify business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank, including Cash Management, Syndication, the Capital Market Group, Wealth Management, etc.
In accordance with Bank’s sales strategy, define the growth potentials in his/her territory, engage with production potential in assigned territory and complete prospecting activities to better understand viability of the prospect; identify and engage with decision-makers at Dealerships around sales activities that will increase production volume and/or quality.
Oversee and deliver on the prospecting effort of his/her teams in terms of time and quality.
- Sales Management
As part of the company's strategic objectives, manages and develops a portfolio of Auto Dealer partners, including maintaining and delivering quality service from the sales team (e.g. in terms of frequency and quality of visits).
Assists in resolving dealer issues and chargebacks; ensures follow-up to address partner issues and implements corrective actions.
Analyzes the quantitative and qualitative results of production and carries out any corrective actions needed, within Bank’s policies and procedures, including communication to management and Risk partners.
Support dealer financing set up, for example providing information & documents needed for the application, follow through on loan process, being the bridge with underwriting and Risk, etc.
- Manages monthly expenses within delegated budget, and within Bank guidelines.
- Coordination with Extended Team/Partners
Ensure that all the internal partners are supported.
- Ensure dealer personnel are coordinated through training, support, incentives or any other lever that will develop loyalty and sales.
- Acts as Bank of the West's representative with the decision-makers of the various partner groups.
- Assists in Bank’s efforts to service and grow mega-dealer relationships.
- Maintains accurate documentation on all systems regarding contact with Dealers.
- Follows all Bank of the West policies and procedures for underwriting, presentation, and portfolio management.
- Exhibits independent judgment in making decisions about portfolio, but consults management as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Consumer Indirect Lending programs
- Proven account management abilities; ability to understand documentation requirements and financial reports.
- Requires significant experience in Relationship Management and is typically responsible for large and complex commercial and retail banking group relationships as applicable to the line of business.
- Administrative/Technical Skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Self-motivated and ability to work autonomously
- Effective training and presentation skills
- Strong listening skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of PC/Computer (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); Contact Management Software
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Experience in consumer indirect lending programs
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United StatesJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales - Consumer Lending