At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for ensuring that the method employed for risk measurement and management is financially sound.
Essential Job Functions
- Partners with various business lines to perform data analysis and provide recommendations; creates dashboards for portfolios
- Generates ad hoc reports and regular data sets to support ongoing projects; also provide report information for end users using system tools and database or data warehousing queries
- Creates, prepares and documents detailed specifications of the programs utilized to pull data. Includes : creation and use of documents to facilitate the request and data integrity of the data that is provided to the internal customer
- Partners with business systems analyst to lead requirements gathering sessions with subject matter experts to identify and document data requirements, definitions, data dependencies and relevant business rules. Capture detailed data requirements both at the Enterprise level and for specific initiatives
- Manipulate and analyze large data sets to help drive business decisions and validate results
- Ability to analytical and data integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Analyze and perform development or maintenance work on data models, data dictionaries etc. to maintain currency with standards and integration with Enterprise Data architecture
- Participates in the development and maintenance of overall data architecture, data management standards and conventions, data dictionaries and data element naming standards and conventions environments to support data warehousing
- Plan, conduct and supervise small, short term projects
- Experience in building relational data structures, including relationships between tables and grouping data
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data in SAS, SQL, Access, Tableau, Oracle, Macros, Excel etc.
Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Preferred, but not necessary
- Experience with First Data debit or credit card data
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert
- VB/ C#/C++ coding
Bachelor's Degree Math, Statistics, Finance or Economic
- Financial industry knowledge
- Write programs that span multiple data platforms either with code or stored procedures
- Proficient in SQL
- Understands data automation tools preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Understanding of relational databases and structures especially Oracle databases
- Experience with SAS
- Organized self-starter who can work independently with limited oversight
- Able to communicate complex information to technical and non-technical personnel
- Quantitative methods and tools supporting financial modeling.
- Must have excellent quantitative modeling skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial modeling.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively and take initiative in solving problems quickly.
- Detail Oriented.
- Consulting skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.