At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for analysis and reporting efforts
to support the Risk function within Consumer Banking
Division. Consumer Banking Division covers a wide range of products
and segments: Credit cards, Home Equity, Mortgages, Indirect loans (Auto, RV,
Marine), Wealth Management, lending solutions for Small Medium Enterprises,
The position involves conducting independent
quantitative analysis and reporting to provides effective challenges on credit
performance, emerging risks, and business conformity with Bank’s credit policy
and standards operating within the boundaries of the credit risk appetite and
bank’s credit policy and standards for Consumer, Residential and Small Business
Essential Job Functions
- Perform moderate to highly quantitative analysis
and reporting on assigned projects.
- Ad-hoc analytics support including tracking and
managing portfolio risk performance in line with Bank's credit policy and
stated Risk Appetite objectives.
- Conduct development and production of key
reporting providing credit quality trends, concentration levels, and policy
- Identifying trends, summarizing findings,
developing recommendations and presenting analyses to management.
- Makes recommendations for process improvements
addressing gaps and areas for additional/improved reporting and data.
- Maintain documentation as required.
other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 3-5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Math, Statistics, Finance or Economics - Required
- Master's Degree Math, Statistics, Finance or Economics - Preferred
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we
will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.Skills
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Field of Experience – Job-specific knowledge requirements.
- Quantitative methods and tools supporting financial modeling.
- Strong analytics background with attention to
details to deliver quality results.
- Ability to solve complex analytical and data
integrity problems while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- Technical skills to manipulate and analyze data
in a variety of formats: proficient user of SAS, and data analytics tools (e.g.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work independently and
proactively and take initiative in solving problems quickly.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and
- Must have excellent quantitative modeling skills.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial modeling.
- Detail Oriented.
- Consulting skills.
- Analytical skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management