Quality Assurance Supervisor II - ETL / Data Warehouse
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
responsible for ensuring that Quality Assurance team develops testing methodologies and solutions and adhere to Quality Assurance best practices and standards. Defines test plan processes and several phases of testing cycles in order to ensure applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization. Create an environment of teamwork, open communication, ownership and accountability managing multiple QA projects. Reviews test strategies and partners with test managers, program management and other stakeholders as required in order to develop/establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices. Recommends quality improvement practices and processes to senior management based on current and emerging technologies to improve performance, reduce costs, and/or reduce administrative time.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborate and guide a team of QA Testers who create, execute and maintain a suite of test plans, test case and test data.
- Track and report the test status and test coverage on all assigned tasks.
- Work under the direction of a Sr Manager to estimate efforts and lead the daily execution of tasks.
- Negotiate and coordinate schedules and time lines for integrated testing where there are dependencies outside of the immediate team.
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Under direction of a Sr Manager, review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, system, integration, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Partner with test manager, program management, development lead, architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
- Provides mentorship to more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Requires 5-7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science or related field
- 5+ Years of Experience with Quality Assurance processes and testing methodologies focusing on large data sets, data conversion and/or data migration testing. 5+ years of experience leading teams testing backend data warehouse. 4+ years DB Experience in writing complex SQLs, DB Design, Schema, Data modeling and ETL 3+ years hands-on Experience in OO languages and shell scripting 3+ years working experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment Experience with databases like oracle, Teradata is needed Familiarity with Business Intelligence multi-dimensional modeling concepts.
- Excellent written & verbal communication required.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Functional Test Area Develops subject matter expertise with source systems to understand data mapping Performance & Security Test Area Performs Performance and/or Security testing of different applications and products for multiple projects.
- Automation Test Area Performs test automation utilizing testing tools such as HP Quality Center / Application Lifecycle Management, HP Quick Test Professional, VB Script based Macro etc.
- White Box Test Area Performs white box, grey box testing of applications and products for multiple projects.
- Test Process Area Defines, documents Quality Assurance testing processes, best practices and test governance.
- Develops procedures, templates and work instructions for implementing Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards.
- Provides guidance, training and mentoring to Quality Assurance and project teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.