At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing and documenting all applicable testing processes related to the assigned business function and the communication and resolution of findings and other issues. Anticipates and implements changes to the testing plans as a result of changes in the Bank's business environment including regulatory changes. Partners with internal and external auditors and regulators as necessary. Analyzes the testing methodology to identify patterns and trends, and communicates with management to ensure that risks are adequately identified and addressed.
Essential Job Functions
- Implements, performs and documents assigned control reviews; performs and conducts testing based on detailed procedures and processes. Identifies issues, exceptions and patterns, escalates to management for resolution and formally documents findings.
- Communicates test results to management and business partners. Prepares and presents written testing report of testing results and recommendations.
- Identifes areas of risk and make recommendations on operational improvements, processes for compliance, quality assurance and any additional training essential to mitigate risk. Seeks ways to assist the Bank in strengthening controls, remain compliant and improve efficiency.
- Researches and analyzes testing results or issues, training, reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current banking, regulatory and audit issues, and performs other tasks as necessary to carry out daily responsibilities; maintains expertise in areas of testing.
- Performs research, participates in training, and reads literature in order to become more knowledgeable about current business and issues related to assigned area(s).
- Receives and analyzes monitoring and testing results from testing performed on related controls from business unit compliance officers.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of commercial loan processing
- Thorough knowledge of BOW commercial loan procedures as they apply to financial analysis
- Thorough knowledge and ability to analyze financial statements, tax returns and cash flow
- Thorough knowledge of industry relevant software used for analysis
- Analytical and research skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Good to presentation skills
- Excellent PC skills, including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and related software
Working Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Annual Hiring Range
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.