Performance Test Engineer
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
At this time we are considering candidates who do not require visa sponsorship
Performance Test Engineer
The Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for leading and providing performance and load testing services for Bank of the West’s applications as part of the Quality Assurance Testing Center of Excellence (QA TCoE). This role will design, develop and maintain Performance Test Strategies, Plans, and Test Scripts and execute them to ensure the system meets quality requirements.
Primary Responsibilities & Essential Duties:
- Identify the performance test requirements and document the performance test scenarios based on the SLAs and benchmarks.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain Performance test suites for different systems using HP Performance Centger/Load Runner.
- Create Performance test status reports and send it to the project stakeholders.
- Perform test data management required for performance testing of different systems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance team members, developers, infrastructure teams to perform Performance testing.
- Ensure system performance by validating stability, scalability, reliability, latency, response time, etc. of different products and applications.
- Perform the root cause analysis of issues, identify bottlenecks and work with development and infrastructure teams in resolving them.
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of system architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of the performance of products and applications.
- Define and document standard Performance Testing process as part of the TCoE methodologies.
- Find opportunities in tuning the application infrastructure for optimal performance, and assisting the development team in identifying coding improvements and best practices.
- Develop robust benchmark workloads based on production traffic patterns.
- Design appropriately sized environments to generate load against the application under test
- Analyze and provide recommendations for performance improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required or related field.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with QA processes and testing methodologies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with HP Performance Center or HP Loadrunner
- Minimum 3 years of experience with HTTP protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Webservices protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum 3 years of experience with AJAX TruClient protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in VB scripting and C language
- Extensive experience with QA processes and testing methodologies.
- Extensive testing experience with Web based online applications.
- Experience with HP Diagnostics, JProbe tools a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects.
- Experience in developing Performance Test suites for large scale applications.
- Experience with other Performance Testing tools like JMeter is a plus.
- Experience with web services testing and SQL is a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.