At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining technical quality assurance and control systems and activities. Defines and specifies the implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, accuracy, and reliability of company products. Participates in the reviewing of engineering designs to contribute quality requirements and considerations. In addition to; the Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for performing objective assessments of the software products to enable developers and managers to make appropriate corrective decisions. May provide guidance to less experienced analysts.
Essential Job Functions
- Under direct supervision, assists in the creation, preparation, and implementation of systems quality assurance reviews and the development and execution of test plans and test scripts
- Implement and support the test process, policies, procedures and best practices
- Analyze functional requirements to determine the software application testing requirements.
- Identify, analyze, manage and document all defects, programming errors (software bugs) and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications
- Interacts with users to share information and clarify instructions
- Creates moderately complex test plans using templates and guidelines.
- Works with more experienced analysts to assist in test strategy development.
- Creates basic test cases and test scripts.
Other Job Duties
- Performs moderately to complex test data conditioning, regression testing and validation.
- Review aspects/areas for improvement within your own duties/responsibilities, and make recommendations to your manager for your own or team improvements.
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects.
- Responsible for overseeing and document all phases of the Systems QA process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.