At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for providing Quality Assurance services to projects, maintenance activities and taking ownership of the quality of multiple applications while conducting Quality Assurance development processes, developing test solutions, and assisting in the development, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Assurance best practices and testing standards. Analyzes business requirements for completeness, testability and develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test scripts, test data and will carry out the Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes business requirements, design documents for completeness and testability.
- Develops test plans, test scenarios, test cases, test data and test scripts for different types of testing activities.
- Performs execution of test cases, test scripts, captures test results, test metrics and reports them.
- Identifies and tracks system defects, Performs root cause analysis of the defects and works with the development team to resolve them.
- Partners with test leads and architects to develop and establish Quality Assurance standards and best practices.
- Performs and coordinates system verification and validation test activities utilizing various tools such as HP Quality Center/Application lifecycle Management.
- Performs Quality Assurance testing activities to ensure the applications and products and/or releases are in compliance with the Quality Assurance standards of the organization.
- Provides mentorship to more junior Quality Assurance Analysts as needed.
Other Job Duties
- Requires 5 years minimum relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of Agile QA concepts, practices, processes and tools.
- Experience in creating and executing automated tests on mobile devices (Android/iOS)
- Experience with browser UI and API test automation tools. (Test Complete, Selenium, SOAPUI, UFT).
- Technical background (databases, client-server architecture, programming)
- Experience in verifying and validating Web based applications, testing Web Services to include XML, HTML and SOAPUI.
- Extensive experience in preparing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts, Test Reports, Defect Tracking in projects governed by an Agile or Waterfall methodology.
- Experience in Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, Sanity testing, Backend testing, Compatibility, and Usability Testing of Client/server and UI / Web based Applications.
- Practical knowledge of software development and project management processes.
“While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Nebraska-OmahaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology