Your Main Activities Are
- Ensure the Global Markets revenues are published in time on a daily basis, both for front office estimates and actual validated revenues
- Challenge the data received by Middle Office to ensure consistency of the Global Markets scope
- Contribute to the distribution of revenues reports to diverse interlocutors and provide analysis and qualitative explanation
- Contribute to the monthly closing every end of month with several issuances of revenues that implies the respect of a tight calendar with multiple contributions
- Active collaboration with other Finance departments (Reporting, Transfer Pricing, Accounting Controls) and Back-Office areas to ensure consistency and reconciliation of data
- Partnering with the business managers to define qualitative commentaries of the performance of Global Markets and ensure management needs is reached
Profile and Skills to Success
- Engineering or Business school, University Graduate, Finance Degree
- Experience in Finance within the Banking sector including audit and consultancy firms
- English Advanced
- Performance Management
- Capital Market activities knowledge
- Effective analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and capacity to interact with senior management
- Reactivity & pragmatism
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively with various teams in a deadline-focused environment
- Excel (including VBA basics and core functions as Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP, SUMIF) and Access
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.