As any BNP Paribas Function or Operational Entity, RISK is responsible for the management, in compliance with BNP Paribas risks tolerance and the supporting policies and procedures, of the operational and regulatory risks caused by, or related to, its activity. A permanent control framework, relying on three lines of defense guaranties the proper exercise of such responsibility.
RISK (1LoD) relies mostly on its RISK Chief Conduct & Control Officer (RISK CCCO) and the network of identified Operational Permanent Control (OPC) coordinators spread across the different streams of the RISK function.
The RISK CCCO coordinates, as LoD1 and in line with the RISK OPC community, the ORM framework related to all operational risks, excluding financial risks. It includes Fraud, Third Party, Data Protection, Conduct, Compliance, Regulatory, Information & Cyber security risks, and others risks types in collaboration with other specialized independent control functions and in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines issued by independent control functions as well as with external regulatory and supervisory requirements. For this mission, the RISK CCCO´s scope of action is RISK.
Since December 31st, 2021, the updated Committee of European Banking Supervisors (CEBS) guidelines on outsourcing, issued by the European Banking authority (EBA), are applicable. BNP PARIBAS has conducted a dedicated project to ensure compliance with the updated EBA regulation, as well as local regulatory requirements and is looking for an Officer to enhance the current set up in line with BNP Paribas policies (General conditions and Specific conditions contract or Operational Level Instructions) and conduct the required LoD1 controls with respect to the contractual formalization of activities, processes, or services provided or received by RISK, on a worldwide scope.
The RISK CCCO Outsourcing Arrangement Officer will:
- Set-up the framework to manage the contractual coverage of RISK outsourced activities, processes, or services
- Perform the regular review to identify and close coverage gaps
- Set up and run LoD1 controls and framework maintenance, to ensure full coverage and compliance over time
The RISK CCCO Outsourcing Arrangement Officer will report to the head of RISK CCCO.
The RISK CCCO Outsourcing Arrangement Officer has the responsibility to monitor and control contractual coverage of RISK outsourced activities, processes, or services worldwide, in compliance with internal policies, procedures and guidelines as well as with external regulatory and supervisory requirements.
This includes the following key responsibilities:
Set-up framework to manage the contractual coverage of RISK outsourced activities, processes, or services
- Define scope of contracts to formalize
- Create or re-assess inventory of existing contracts
- Identify and prioritize the missing contracts
- Define approach to create the missing contracts
- Create contracts into RISK360 arrangement module
Set up LoD1 controls and framework maintenance to ensure full coverage and compliance over time
- Define control framework to ensure comprehensiveness and accuracy
- Specify controls to be conducted
- Define controls execution process, stakeholders, and frequency
- Perform LOD1 controls
Control contractual coverage of RISK outsourced activities, processes, or services worldwide
- Ensure compliance of RISK’s contractual coverage
- Ensure and support the creation of the future contracts as required
- Ensure that inventory is up to date into RISK360
- Ensure that content is in line with norms (legal, tax, data)
- Confirm that indicators, reporting, committees listed into the contract are implemented and followed up
- Good knowledge of the Group
- Good knowledge of RISK scope and organisation
- Good knowledge of BNP Paribas Operational Risk Framework, specifically data protection
- Conversant with legal matters is a plus
- Thorough organisation skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Active listening
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English
- French is a plus
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Suite
Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas Group in Spain is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.