Position: Project Manager
What is the job?
The end to end management of Pinnacle Pet Groups change projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the management of changes to systems and business processes to meet identified business needs.
This will involve acquiring and utilising the necessary resources and skills within agreed parameters of scope, cost, timescales and quality.
Management of projects will typically involve managing the end to end software development lifecycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Test and Rollout) and are expected to be managed according to our internal project management methodology.
Project governance is predominantly waterfall but there are aspects of agile in use as well.
The types of projects that the position will include:
- New business launches (internal or client facing)
- Data Migrations
- Product enhancements
- Website enhancements
- Regulatory changes
- Security/IT orientated projects
- RFI/RFP Processes
What you will look after:
- Responsible for the successful completion of projects ensuring that realistic project, quality, change control and risk management processes are maintained as well as reporting issues directly to the Project Sponsor
- Ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned budget and to agreed timescales
- Preparing realistic, detailed and high quality project plans and subsequently tracking activities against these
- Providing regular and accurate updates and reports to stakeholders as appropriate
- Providing updates to Senior Management including Board level members
- Monitor spend versus budget, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Coordinate resource (internally or externally) allocated to a given project in order to ensure that activities are delivered within appropriate timescale
- Escalation of resource conflicts where resolution is not possible
- Manages the change control procedure and assesses the impact of changes on the overall project implementation
- Manage projects in line with Group Project Management methodology. Assists with the preparation of the project through the appropriate governance milestones
- The creation and maintenance of the mandatory project artefacts
- To carry out any other task associated with the role as reasonably requested
Required Skills and Work Experience
- Project management experience including leading projects of varying degrees of complexity, size and duration
- Experience of managing projects from inception to completion within agreed Project Management Governance
- Proven experience of managing system integration projects through all phases including analysis, design, development, test and rollout
- Experience in collaborating with System Architects to provide input in to the solution design
- Experience in the facilitation of technical workshops
- Experience of communicating with Clients in relation to projects
- The adoption of a strategic, business focused approach at all times
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to communicate, influence and challenge at board level
- Able to communicate and both technical and business levels
- Demonstrable conflict management and problem solving skills
- A good working knowledge of MS Office (which must include MS Project)
- Report writing skills to convey ideas and conclusions in an easily accessible form to clients, third party providers and senior sponsors
- Financial Services experience
- Experience in managing projects involving data migration
- Agile delivery experience
- Insurance experience
- Setup and implementation of IT system monitoring and maintenance processes
- Service Delivery Readiness experience
- Experience of working on projects of a regulatory nature
- Experience in the management of RFI/RFP Process
- A recognised Project Management qualification (Prince 2 or PMP)
We are part of the Pinnacle Pet Group (PPG) – a pan European fully integrated pet insurance and health services platform which was set up as a joint venture between JAB Holding Company and BNP Paribas Cardif. PPG’s ambition is to create the leading pet insurance and health services platform globally.
Over the last two years, through the success of our partnership strategy, which includes Sainsbury’s Bank, PDSA and Post Office, we’ve doubled the size of our business. We have ambitious growth plans through UK and European partnerships, and own brand and a clear vision for the development of our customer and partner proposition.
Not only do we have big ambitions for innovation, customer experience and growth, we also pride ourselves on being a great place to work. We know not everyone works best confined to the four walls of the office, which is why we embrace hybrid working. Our teams come together to collaborate in the office when needed, but we also have the space and the freedom to work from home. We believe people should have the best of both worlds to foster creativity, social connections, shared learning autonomy and productivity. It helps support a good work-life balance, and it’s the way we want to be.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to eliminating discrimination in the workplace and to promoting equal opportunities for all staff.
We are proud of our diversity, which is one of our core strengths. We want all of our people to thrive in an environment where bringing a different perspective is welcomed. We reflect the broad diversity of the customers we serve and we embrace an inclusive working environment.
If you want to work as part of a team, building and delivering something exceptional which will make a difference to pet owners and their pets and if you want to have fun in the process, we would love to hear from you.