Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Belfast or Solihull
Hours: Permanent- Full Time
A bit about us:
At BNP Paribas Personal Finance, we’re part of a global bank and are proud to be a Top Employer UK, providing a great place to work in an open and inclusive environment.
We’re here to provide simple and straightforward consumer finance solutions and we work with many well-known retailers and brands to help their customers finance their purchases in a responsible way.
We care about making a positive impact for our colleagues, customers, partners and the wider community. That’s why we live by our values of we're positive, we’re brave and we own it.
The Project Manager role is to deliver project deliverables by actively managing risks and
delivering to specified timescales, budget and quality, to achieve the benefits defined within the
Projects allocated are from business wide programmes of change within the BNP Paribas Personal
Finance UK Strategic Portfolio.
The Project Manager acts on behalf of the Project Steering Group and has the authority to run the
Project on a day-to-day basis, within the constraints and tolerances laid down by the Group and
Programme Management Office (PMO).
- Follow the Project Management Methodology and use standard project templates to produce various key project management documents, providing feedback to improve templates
- Produce a project plan and maintain it by monitoring project or work stream activities to the plan, taking corrective actions if necessary where the overall project is unlikely to deliver its agreed outcome and results to achieve its benefits
- Manage project or work stream issues including implementation of corrective actions, escalating high impact ones
- Manage the project budget to achieve the Business Case and highlight under and over spends outside of agreed tolerances to the Finance Department in order for the appropriate accounting actions to take place
- Lead project teams to provide clear direction to said colleagues to understand their role, responsibilities and accountabilities within the project and their value to achieving our business strategic goals
- Management of clients and third party providers to ensure overall project risks are managed to ensure the project delivers as defined and planned
- Manage key stakeholders and adapt approach and stance in dealing with changing circumstances
- The projects the job holder will be asked to manage will vary in subject and scope, in line with BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK Strategic Transformation Plans and Operating Model. Such projects range in type, size, complexity, and duration and business priority
- Be aware of the various BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK Ways of Working Forums and take part an active part as necessary, in particular taking initiative to support other functions through the business, as well as selling the IT Team
Skills & Attributes:
- PRINCE2 Project Management Methodology – (practitioner level)
- Agile Project Management
- Leadership skills
- Self-starter who will work on own initiative and drives others
- Delivery focused / results driven
- Effective risk assessment and management
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Proven budget control and cost management
- Effective problem solving skills
Could this be you?
BNP Paribas Personal Finance believe it’s a positive attitude and passion to make things happen that matters most.
What’s in it for you?
As well as working for a Top Employer UK 2022 and being part of a team that changes customers lives, there are some excellent benefits too including - a competitive salary, a contributory pension scheme, plus life insurance and private medical insurance, not to mention the all-important 25 days holiday each year to enjoy. There are also perks which give you fantastic discounts off eating out, cinema tickets, days out and much more. There are also monthly awards with plenty of opportunities to win vouchers and prizes. Learn more about what it means to be part of the BNP Paribas Personal Finance team here: BNP Paribas Personal Finance UK - YouTube or click here to learn more about careers at BNP Paribas Personal Finance: Careers (bnpparibas-pf.co.uk).
Equal Opportunities Disclaimer
BNP Paribas Personal Finance promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensure that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.