Job Description – APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Businessline/Function :
For 150 years, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has been committed to protecting clients’ wealth, developing it, and eventually passing it on to their loved ones. We deliver tailor-made experience, with outstanding attention to detail and expertise from precise local knowledge to the global know-how that we access from the Group. Our goal is to create a new wealth management experience fit for a world where digital interactions have come to enhance human ones. Wealth Management Investment Solution Hub (WMIS Hub) provides a global IT solution for BNP Paribas Wealth Management where we develop, maintain and evolve IT applications which fits to the specific needs of BNP Paribas Wealth Management business users.
Project Manager under FUNCT&TVL - Data Solutions Division
WMIS IT HUB
Business Line / Function:
Co-Division Heads for Data Solution
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Under the direct responsibility of the FUNCT&TVL – Data Solutions Division co-Heads.
Will also be under the responsibility of Project Manager Chapter lead for the DATA SOLUTIONS division.
The PM position will add to the needed capacity of the team to fulfill the demands expressed by Wealth Management Business in the area of Speech Analytics.
Speech Analytics is a platform in Asia providing business solutions around VOICE RECORDING TRANSLATION.
It covers use cases for Compliance and Analytical needs. Solution is a mixed of Vendor product Aumina and custom in-house development. At the moment this solution is being evaluated amongst other potential solution in the market and may embark on either a total replacement (new solution), or upgrade of existing Vendor Software version to keep abreast of the technology.
Therefore the designated PM role is effectively to manage both the Vendor in terms of their committed deliverables, as well internal BNPP teams responsible for the integration of the solution within the BNPP WM environments till production roll-out. Also required will be the collaboration with BNPP internal key stakeholders (Sponsors, Business users, and other IT Management).
Should we embark on a new solution or just upgrade the existing version, the PM nonetheless will be responsible for all these activity (i.e. transitioning or upgrade).
PROJECT MANAGER ROLE
- Main person responsible in coordinating/collaborating with vendor in all project activity and support.
- Responsible for the overall project cost and effort estimation, planning, budget follow-up.
- Responsible as well for any contractual negotiation with VENDOR.
- Ensure adherence to delivery objectives, schedule and budget.
- Responsible in coordinating needs and getting commitments from other stakeholders (i.e. Security team, Production Team, Enablers, Conformity Cell, etc) as required for the project.
- Responsible for organizing committees such (e.g. Steering Committees, Project Coordination, Team Meetings).
- Assures transparency of the work by the project team, its progress and providing regular status updates.
- Understand the impediments faced by the team or by the VENDOR and raise alert to co-Division Head/Management in a timely manner. Provide pertinent information that has been verified and thoroughly assessed for management to facilitate decision making.
- Provide timely mitigation solution for risks identified.
- Provide solution proposition for issues identified and must have the ability to assess the overall impact to the project.
Functional & Behavioral Competencies
- Must have the ability to challenge solution and cost (external solution or internal).
- Must possess negotiation skill relevant for contract engagement.
- Must have the ability to understand, explain and support change.
- Client focused/Critical thinker and has ability to synthesize and simplify.
- Ability to anticipate business/strategic evolution
- Ability to collaborate/teamwork
- Must have good organization skills
- On Communication, must have the following traits:
- Must have very good oral & written skills.
- Ability to manage/facilitate a meeting / committee
- A good team player with problem-solving attitude.
- Analytical and precise: Capacity to challenge the solution to propose a more efficient one.
- Must be self motivated.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- Minimum 10 years relevant Project Management experience working on financial institution preferably Wealth Management related.
- PMP certification or equivalent preferred
- Good understanding of Wealth Management Products
- IT knowledge/background in areas related to usage of Speech transcription in Analytics or Compliance.
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools like Tableau.
- Having Core Banking knowledge is a plus.
- Exposure to application written in JAVA is a plus.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage a project
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 10 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)