BNP Paribas Securities Services is a multi-asset servicing specialist with local expertise in 35 markets around the world and a global reach covering over 90 markets. This extensive network enables us to provide our institutional investor clients with the connectivity and local knowledge they need to navigate change in a fast-moving world.
As of 30 June 2021, BNP Paribas Securities Services had $14.3 trillion in assets under custody, $2.8 trillion in assets under administration, 9,248 funds administered and over 10,380 employees of more than 100 nationalities.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area / Department Overview
The purpose of the Chief Administrative Office (CAO) is to support the Head of BNP Paribas Securities Services (BP2S) UK & Middle East with the running of the activity in the region, with a focus on organisation and governance, strategy, compliance and regulatory obligations and transversal projects.
This support includes:
- Project management including regulatory projects
- Organisational reviews
- Efficiency and quality improvement projects
- UK governance oversight
- Business Continuity Management
- Facilities Management including travel
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Governance and CRS oversight
- Support for Client Development
- Oversight of Level 1 controls for Client Development
Purpose & Scope of Role
Purpose: to manage all aspects of key business or regulatory projects from gaining an understanding of the regulation/ business topic, project set up, governance, assessing resource requirements and delivering the project. Drive the project implementation through coordination with business and functions.
Scope: UK scope including collaboration with stakeholders in both Head Office and the wider BNP Paribas UK territory.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Support Securities Services on business and regulatory requirements by providing them with the necessary information and clarity to determine implementation priorities and to help businesses better understand the impacts.
- Accountable for the operational management of projects and meeting the project objectives within the agreed scope, budget and timelines using good project management methodology.
- Implementation of projects including regulatory projects.
- Identify dependencies/ conflicts between any other transversal issue or disconnect (e.g. between dependent projects).
- Contribute to the maintenance of a UK Securities Services repository of documents relating to each implementation.
- Work closely with key business stakeholders and functions (Compliance, Legal, Risk), and act as a key contact point on projects.
- Set up governance structure for all projects and ensure the stakeholders are aware of their roles.
- Provide regular reporting on projects and proactively manage risks and issues.
- Plan and manage effective communication to all key stakeholders.
- Promote best practice project management practices across all projects.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
- Demonstrable project management experience.
- Ability to manage priorities, plan own workload and meet deadlines on a daily basis.
- Good analytical skills.
- Experience of working within the Financial Services industry.
- Interest in current regulatory developments.
- Strategic thinking and analytical reasoning.
- Team player willing and able to communicate efficiently with a network of stakeholders within Securities Services, at Territory and at Group Level.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Effective communicator.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Business risk - Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks associated with regulatory change.
- PMP or PRINCE2 accreditation would be advantageous
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.