Project Manager, Client Management (non-IT)
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
ITO Client Management (ITO CM) is a global IT and Operations (ITO) group responsible for managing all client related information within the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB), including client on boarding, client services, Loan services and client referential data management. Client Management also provides support to a number of global functions, namely Legal, Compliance and Product Control, as well as for cross-business activities such as customer relationship management.
a) The Project Management Role within Client Management is to manage the projects related the Transformation and Digital encompassing project initiation, cost/benefit analysis, collection of business requirements, gap & impact analysis, functional specifications, planning and project status reporting, definition of test strategy and arrangement of the User Acceptance Test
b) The role is Regional and based in Hong Kong, with the necessity to travel from time to time abroad as required
• Work closely with the Sponsors & users to inventory, clarify and consolidate their requirements.
• Consolidate the cost/benefit analysis and get sign off
• Ensure the project is properly defined, planned, resourced and sponsored.
• Identify sub-projects impacted and ensure dependencies are clearly identified and managed.
• Write Functional Specifications where required
• Monitor progress and report on implementation of the project.
• Manage risk and communicate appropriately.
• Document, execute and ensure sign off on User Acceptance Testing
• Ensure any project considers regulatory or compliance guidelines, as well as, Client Management IT and Project Management controls and methodology
• Consolidates the Go Live plan.
• Perform User Training and support for a limited go-live Period
Technical and Behavioural Competencies required
• Project Management and Change Management skills
• The ability to manage under pressure, running multiple projects in parallel
• Positive and constructive thinking, always looking for improvements within the team and organization.
• Flexibility, able to work alone or within small teams, open to new practices & methodologies in a rapidly changing and multi-cultural environment
• Professionalism & Communication, to clearly communicate issues and objectives to all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage under pressure, running multiple projects in parallel
• Business Analysis:
o Requirements gathering techniques: interviews, workshops, user observation
o Requirements capture: use cases, mock-ups, process flows
o Functional specification documentation
o Process modelling and re-engineering
o Preparation of materials
o Planning of training programmes
o Delivery of training sessions
• Deployment Management
o Defining the deployment plan
o Managing reconciliation / roll-over from legacy to new
o Communication of change to users and stakeholders
o Promotion of new services to drive user uptake
• Work stream Management:
o Planning, co-ordination and execution of work streams
o Risk and issue tracking, management and resolution
o Progress tracking, status reporting
o Clear and concise documentation of business requirements, functional specifications etc.
o Clear and concise - both written and verbal in English and French
o To different audiences: users, stakeholders, sponsors
o Via different mediums: presentations, reports, meeting minutes
o Good listening skills
• Change Management:
o Successful delivery of business change projects within complex organisational environments
• Meeting Management:
o Facilitation and brainstorming techniques
o Chairing and leading meetings, minute taking and progressing action points
o Presentation skills
• Testing: (User Acceptance Testing)
o Gaining user sign off
Experience and Qualifications required
• Bachelors or Graduate Degree required
• 5+ years’ project management experience