Project Management Officer
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The main objective of the PMO Services unit is to support the Management team in the further build up of Oxygen Finance Services platform /programme.
The PMO Services unit is responsible of providing support to projects execution, participating in the initial plan and resourcing definition, defining the KPIs set that will be followed during the projects, centralizing the relevant information from the project stakeholders and building significant reports and dashboards to help during the decision making process. The PMO Support team will focus on implementing project management best practices mindset, with standardisation and efficiency methods across projects and being up to date on follow up templates and tools.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key interactions on regular basis
Regular dialogue with Project Stakeholders:
- Gather information to build significant KPIs and provide analytical reports of the information received
- Identify risks and propose mitigation plans
- Assist in presenting figures and reports as well as support decision making to achieve project targets
- Budget & Forecast – Support in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Weekly Meeting / Ad-hoc Meeting liaised with Program Manager: support preparation, animation (if needed), minutes
- Operating Committee: support preparation, minutes
- Steering Committee: support preparation, minutes
- Go / No Go meeting for Go Live: support preparation, minutes
- Coordinate meetings invitations and attendees confirmations
- Gather initial requirements
- Participate in the definition of the project plan and governance, aligning stakeholders requirements with PMO team standards
- Support during Business Case definition
- KPIs and reports definition for the project
Implementation phases monitoring
- Monitor progress during different project phases: Shadow Production, UAT, knowledge transfer, etc
- Monitor ramp up/ramp down if applicable
- Collect and consolidate KPIs
- Prepare Go-Live scenarios per stream with all stakeholders
- Participate in the implementation of the target organization, and the implementation of the new internal processes, verifying and monitoring that all the permanent documentation is updated and in line with the applied processes.
Communication and compliance
- Regular or punctual communications preparation about the project to different stakeholders (achievements, status and next steps) out of the committees
- Develop Risk Assessment, SLA (inc. Sign off) and other legal pre-requirements related to the projects
- Risk identification based on the relevant KPIs built
- Remediation plan definition
- Processes and reporting templates maintenance
- Project management tools maintenance
- Training in project management mindset (methods, systems, tools, metrics, etc)
- Define data needed to manage a consolidated dashboard of Oxygen Finance Services (KPI and others reporting)
- Contribute to transversal support activities of Oxygen Finance Services
- Contributes to "Role & Responsibility" RaDAR program by applying quality & integrity criteria to his/her perimeter/scope of responsibility.
- Minimum bachelor degree in Finance, Business Management, Engineering or Information Technology
- 5 -7 years of experience in Project Management, in Financial Services ideally
- Previous experience in consultancy is a plus
- Project management skills
- Proficiency level of English speaking is mandatory (B2 Level), French will be appreciated
- IT skills: MS Office
- Ability to learn new project management tools, agile reporting tools and business lines / products quickly
- Project Management certification or trainings will be appreciated
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills (spoken and written)
- Analytical skills and ability to summarize
- Ability to work collaboratively with relevant teams, some in international locations
- Team work spirit
- Strong planning and organizational skills: autonomy, capacity to manage several tasks in parallel and to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Solutions-oriented thinker who is able to generate creative ideas
- Rigour and attention to detail
- Flexible mind-set, able to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure and in a changing and moving environment
- Strong analytical mind, problem solving, planning & organisation skills
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.