Project and Business Manager
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Client Management team's objective is to be the first interface of Front Office for new clients for account opening and for existing clients account reviews. The team ensure that a consistent service is rendered to the clients in the On-Boarding process. This team is working around 3 main themes: Prioritization of on-boarding, Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal and Systems) and production of the Legal documentation and KYC (Collection, Completeness, Conformity and Analysis). The team must work as "one team" to ensure a cutting edge on-boarding service to clients and work closely with front office and compliance as well as major functions (Legal, Tax, IT...). The department is to facilitate and provide a complete transversal on-boarding service to WM APAC.
In addition Client Management must ensure that the review cycle of the accounts are adhered to in order to limit/eliminate overdues.
As a regional function, consistency between HK and SG hubs must be achieved in term of processes. Support must also be provided to the other APAC onshore sites (Taiwan, China, India, Indonesia).
Lastly, client management must undergo its own transformation and adopt new ways of working, new tools and processes to gain efficiency while improving quality.
In this context this position is required:
- to ensure all projects are being tracked and completed successful;
- to support and achieve convergence across HK and SG;
- to support and implement the various initiatives/projects launched to improve services and efficiency.
1. Project Management:
• In relation to various local, regional or global projects (eg New KYC policy / ICE V2):
- Lead, coordinate or assist process and/or project management;
- Analyse and assess feasibility aspects;
- Advise on and contribute to initiative analysis and investment decision.
• Obtain information from and ensure coordination with all Functions/Business Lines/Territories for various projects with the objective of ensuring consistency with existing activities, operations, strategy, Group guidelines & procedures as well as regulatory authorities.
• For specific projects mostly related to the transformation, act as/constitute PMO – organize timeline and methodology, allocate resources, constitute and manage workstreams, follow-up actions and outcomes, present recommendations and conclusions.
2. Design and implement qualitative and quantitative dashboards and provide meaningful analysis for Management to monitor the activity and take decision.
3. Produce business reports and trend analysis. Prepare regular presentations for KYC steering committees, management.
• Support the various team as and when needed on specific projects. Projects already identify:
a. Support the New head of the Regional tax reporting team to prepare FATCA/AEOI reporting
b. Support the head of the governance team to manage/support ISPL team and nearshoring of additional task
c. Facilitate the post implementation of ICE V2 and transfer of tasks from Compliance to CM
d. Contribute the initiatives driven by the Global process owner
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
Good knowledge of the KYC requirements and tools (including FATCA and AEOI)
Ability to adapt and communicate efficiently with people from diverse cultural background
Ability to Communicate with various stakeholders at all levels and from various functions
Specific Qualifications (if required)
French is strong plus, especially when dealing with HO/other WM sites in Europe