About the job
- Within WM PIMH (Wealth Management - Portugal International Markets Hub), a Project & Business Management Senior Officer has a twofold responsibility (i) facilitating and ensuring the success of projects while striving for the continuous improvement of the project management methodologies and associated tools and techniques, and (ii) taking ownership of tools and processes required for the management of a group of teams in all topics requiring transversal coordination or consolidation of information such as, for example, Finance, HR, Facilities, or Community Management
- Based in Lisbon and reporting to the Business Manager PIMH, a Project & Business Management Senior Officer works closely with the Head of PIMH, different PIMH Managers, Program Managers, and other teams across BNPP Wealth Management International Markets hub
Your Main Activities Are
- Project Management
- Design, implement and run the appropriate framework to manage a portfolio of strategic transformation, and change management projects within PIMH
- Verify project tracking, control and reporting: monitor the management of risks, issues, dependencies, actions, tracking budget, change control and regular reporting
- On a regular basis, provide thorough materials and inputs, and facilitate governance, dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization from project team members to senior sponsors
- Provide project support to selected projects, including aspects such as set up of the project governance, project launch, ensuring that the methodology is followed appropriately for the project, preparation of Steering Committee materials and minutes, management of project gate approvals and closure
- Help on deliverables on projects, including contributing, whenever required, to the origination, framing and execution of projects within the portfolio
- Design, implement, manage and continuously improve the framework and tools to collect, centralize and report on projects to key internal stakeholders
- Understand and analyze PIMH internal organization and processes, adapting and creating new processes, whenever required
- Manage junior Project & Business Management Officers
- Business Management
- Support the leadership of the scope on daily activities or projects
- Perform research and actively support ongoing transversal projects and initiatives
- Ensure that the deliverables and processes on Finance, HR, Operational Permanent Control, Operational Resilience, Community Management, and others related to the management of a department within PIMH are done with good quality and within the proper timeframe
- Develop and own data models, for example in Excel, SharePoint (amongst others), with the purpose of consolidating, analyzing and reporting data in a structured and articulated way to support and inform business decisions. Contribute to the development or maintenance of new data models in a large range of activities, such as budget monitoring, facilities/space management, monitoring of recruitments, results of internal surveys, among others
- Prepare workshops or meetings with internal clients
- Suggest, follow-up and implement continuous improvement or new projects that benefit and improve the management of PIMH
- Maintain the knowledge management and audit trail processes, ensuring that the right information is being properly stored
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting
- Up to 7 years of experience in a similar position, Audit or Project Management
- Fluent in English
- Excellent organization and project management skills, with sense of responsibility
- Strong analysis capacity, with rigor and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and working relationships
- Dynamism and autonomy
- Ability to work under pressure and commit to deadlines
- Able to adapt to a fast pace and multi-cultural environment
- Passion, tenacity, and resilience in an ever-changing environment
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
Why should I apply?
Basically, why would you want to join BNP Paribas over any other company?
BECAUSE YOU'RE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO WANTS...
What if we told you that working in our Group isn’t quite what you might think? At BNP Paribas, we do a multitude of different jobs that are constantly evolving to meet the expectations of our clients and society as a whole. Whether through everyday tasks or major projects, doing one of our jobs means making a personal commitment to taking sustainable action.
Feeling good about your job means bringing your whole self to work and being who you are. It’s also about having the resources you need to achieve a healthy work-life balance. Both of these are major commitments at BNP Paribas.
At BNP Paribas, developing your skills is as important to us as it is to you. And the skills you learn with us will help you through the rest of your working life.