At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing highly complex program initiatives which have considerable financial impact and involves significant internal and/or external resources within an assigned function. Programs include product development, integration, technology, conversions and other special programs as approved. Exercises significant latitude in managing the initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing processes on programs.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Provide leadership, direction and coordination of the goals and objectives of the department. Assist in overseeing the team’s operational duties each day including all daily processing, system performance, system upgrades, customer inquiries, audit review, and general account reconcilement.
- Create/Manage all projects within the Disbursement Group. Manage projects by analyzing evolving
- technologies, best practices, strategies, and business processes. Challenge traditional policy and procedures to introduce innovative change for greater accounts.
- Guide and counsel subordinates in their implementation of work flows, schedules and other day-to-day activities. Ensure their attainment of established goals and objectives. Assist in resolving operating problems as necessary.
- Develop a functional understanding of Disbursement Operations and assesses its strengths and weaknesses
- continuously. Proactively advise and counsel management in the application of solutions that support information processing goals and business objectives to minimize reactionary problem solving.
- Develop and maintain the Disbursement Group Business Continuity plan
- Maintain effective relationships with software vendors. Control and manage costs and ensure service providers are meeting the goals of the Bank and the department.
- Participate in audit requests
- Participate in all year-end planning
- Participate in industry trade working groups
- Maintain a thorough understanding of technical requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EducationEqual Employment Opportunity Policy
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area.
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Project Management