At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing product and customer profitability analysis, working closely with business partners to provide analysis for investment or new product decision making as well as supporting and contributing to the broader financial analysis function within the team.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Works closely with business partners to understand key characteristics and revenue/cost sources for each product and client segments
- Perform product or customer level profitability analysis to support strategic decisions on product pricing for existing products and new product development, marketing campaigns and other product related profitability decisions.
- Analyze customer transaction data and propose client segmentation criteria
- Develop product profitability and performance tracking reporting to clearly communicate actual results, trends and identify opportunities.
- Develop driver based financial modeling to assist business forecasting, budgeting and analysis
- Work with Data Management Group and provide data requirements on building out customer/product datatables; Validates data accuracy between the general ledger and product/customer level database
- Performs ad-hoc analysis as needed to support business and functional priorities
- Time Management and organizational leadership skills
- Working knowledge of profitability and cost analytics
- Knowledge and working experience of SAS, SQL, MS Access, Business Objects Hyperion & Essbase a plus
- Strong communications and change management skills
- Able to interact with various business and support partners
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance, Economics
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Accounting Finance