Profit and Loss Controller
BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
The FX & LM P&L team, as part of the Global markets Product Control, provides a full and dedicated support to the Global FX and Local Markets business Line. The bank has a substantial trading presence in London, New York and Singapore.
The FX & LM trading desk aims to satisfy client needs and provide liquidity in the FX Spot, FX Forward, FX Option for G10 currencies on the one hand and all Fixed Income related products for local markets on the other (CEEMEA).
It will be required to establish effective working relationships with both Front Office and other areas of support (e.g. Back Office. Market Risk, Finance & IT). This will allow for an integrated and proactive approach to the business’ requirements.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of daily and monthly management revenues and their reconciliation with the estimates of the traders and with the financial accounts
- Participation in business development initiatives across BNP Paribas support functions and locations.
- Producing daily P&L based on the middle office official P&L systems.
- Reconciling P&L to Front office estimates.
- Analysing, understanding and writing commentary on P&L using analytical tools.
- Working with front office, trade support and other functions to resolve operational and booking issues.
- Working with front office, finance and market risk, finalising month end P&L.
- Discussing and reviewing trading P&Ls with management.
- Ensuring the monthly management P&Ls are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L in conjunction with Finance.
- Close liaison with the trading floor to ensure the timely and efficient resolution of trader queries.
- Liaise with other Operation functions and other infrastructure groups to support a ‘one team approach’.
- BSc degree in Finance, Economics, Business or related areas
- Up to 2 years of professional experience
- Good knowledge in English
- Good knowledge of FX and Interest Rates products within fixed income.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong Excel/PC skills, VBA skills (plus).
- Strong desire to learn the processes and products.
- Team work
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.