Production Analytics Analyst - Risk Management
Job Description Summary
Responsible for analysis of data to ensure integrity and quality, development requirements for granularity, determine history requirements and timelines and mapping rules, documenting the business, data and function requirements to support the development of models and other analytical processes and/or components. Collaborate with business, risk personnel, and model development team members to deliver data, infrastructure, and reporting required for regulatory and other compliance.
Essential Job Functions
- As part of the Production Analytics team, work on development of statistical and other analytical models/processes and reporting across the Bank's portfolio of loans.
- Follow the established development principles to create automated statistical and/or analytical solutions and be part of the team that develops and implements those solutions.
- Complete various tasks and pieces of the data, reporting, and process development in a timely manner under the supervision of management and guidance of experienced peers. Provide support to document work in accordance with the Bank's latest model governance policies.
- Follow proper change control procedures and versioning protocols and notification procedures.
- Collaborate with team members and counterparties to implement and test tools and results and to continuously enhance data, reporting, and analytics infrastructure.
Other Job Duties
- Works effectively as a team member and with others at the Bank, as well as with external consultants.
- Keeps abreast with developments in quantitative risk management and industry best practices in risk quantification and reporting.
- Works effectively either independently or as part of a team.
- Manages time and resources in a dynamic multi-task environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or an analytics related field
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
- Experience in data exploration, data mining, and data transformation is required.
- Familiar with statistical concepts and data and reporting architecture is preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of programming languages and techniques such as SQL, ORACLE, SAS, TABLEAU.
- Prior hands-on working experience with developing reports, structuring queries, and data architecture.
- Demonstrated strengths in problem solving, planning and organizing and initiative.
- Highly self-motivated, results oriented and capable of independent and critical thinking.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.