At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Product Manager joining the Global Liquidity and Deposit Account Solutions team within the Treasury Solutions team, will be responsible for a specific product set with the expectation to enhance and develop the products as well as help with the other products/initiatives within the team.
The incumbent will report to the Global Liquidity and Deposit Account Solutions Product Head. This person will be expected to manage varying activities such as trouble shoot issues, draft documents, interacting with Sales and Service, manage analytics as well as development and lead training.
Essential Job Functions
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) in support of sales, developing and conducting product training, developing and maintaining product documentation including legal documentation, including up to date web site content, developing and maintaining sales collateral, training, publishing publications and attending and speaking at conferences and membership/representation in select associations and industry groups
- Market analysis includes understanding competitive offerings and developments related to products, competitors' developments, industry trend tracking, market surveys, competitive intelligence gathering, and collating client feedback and segmentation analysis.
- Product development encompasses roadmap development and maintenance, contribution to development prioritization, creation of business cases, business requirements and functional specifications, overseeing project management, ensuring operational readiness, preparing for and ensuring NAC approval.
- Financial management includes developing and maintaining business plans, and managing the P&L of each product development initiative.
- Product administration includes participation and leadership in internal partnership meetings and discussions, as it relates to product development efforts, cooperating with, responding to and remediating findings related to audits, vendor management, compliance with regulatory and compliance issues and updates, and risk management.
Other Job Duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Requires 5 years minimum experience in liquidity with an emphasis on the payment ecosystem and product management
- Experience & expertise in developing and rolling out product capabilities.
- Experience and expertise in instilling product development disciplines in a changing or evolving environment.
- Ability to think critically and creatively
Strong attention to detail
Ability to multitask and manage large volumes of tasks at once in a fast paced environment
Driven and ability to collaborate
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Business / Commercial Banking