At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This Senior Product Manager role will have ownership and responsibility for the
strategy and management of our consumer checking portfolio. In this role, the
successful candidate will be required to set that strategy, understand results,
and recommend changes and drive initiatives. They will need to be able to
effectively communicate with senior management, executives, and partners.
Essential Job Functions
- Counsels on the development of marketing and advertising programs for the assigned product or products.
- Develops plans for complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product or products resolution.
- Establishes contacts with bank officers responsible for marketing and sales of assigned product(s) to monitor trends, determine customer acceptance, understand sales officers' needs, etc.
- Evaluates, develops, and recommends pricing strategies that will result in meeting product objectives.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to those products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and advises management of possible impact on assigned products and services. May develop plans to impact.
- Gathers market intelligence so that market opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Identifies new or revised products by researching, or directing research, of identified target markets to determine customer/prospect needs, acceptance, and probability of purchase. Formulates a best practices approach to handling them.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 10+ years of prior relevant experience in a product manager role
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
Strong understanding of deposit products; be the “go to” subject
matter expert for the consumer checking portfolio.
w Own, develop and manage the strategy of the consumer checking
portfolio. This includes customer experience, retention and
generating new ideas for enhancements and developing the related business
cases and project submissions.
· Provide business analysis to ensure that any new initiative
meets the needs of our customers as well as business objectives, such as
profitability, revenue and growth of our Consumer checking products.
St Strong analytical skills.
C Continually monitoring the competitive environment and
anticipating the needs of the businesses.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Conducts training classes on new or updated procedures, as necessary.
- Thorough knowledge of product line assigned including operational and marketing aspects. Understanding of product planning and market research.
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate meetings
- Develop office procedures
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.