In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Credit P&L Team provides a full and dedicated support to the Credit Trading business.
The position is as a Product Controller for the Credit Trading desk in Hong Kong and Tokyo. The role will encompass daily P&L responsibilities and the successful candidate will need to fully understand and explain the key P&L drivers.
• Producing daily P&L and its Explain based on the Official P&L systems
• Reconciling P&L to Front office estimates
• Daily P&L Attribution
• P&L Commentary
• Liaising with Front Office, Trade Support, Operations to resolve operational and booking issues
• Working with Front Office and Market Risk to finalize month end P&L
• Answering and resolving Trader’s queries on timely and efficient manner
• Ensuring the monthly P&L’s are consistent with the final end of month general ledger P&L
• Involve in Global Projects, system UAT
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
• At least 3 years’ P&L Control, Financial Control or Credit Middle Office environment required
• Daily P&L production experience
• Good academic background an advantage
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Good knowledge of financial markets with emphasis on Fixed Income. CDS, CDX, CDO, Tranches, and overall credit knowledge advantageous
• Strong Excel/PC /Systems
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to consistently meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and accuracy imperative
Specific Qualifications Required
CFA/FRM candidates an advantage
Primary Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong KongJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Master Degree or equivalent (> 4 years)Experience Level: At least 2 years
Behavioural competency: Ability to collaborate / Teamwork, Ability to deliver / Results driven, Attention to detail / rigorTransversal competency: Ability to develop and adapt a process , Analytical Ability