North America (NA) Procurement supports all entities within the NA region in the process of buying goods and services that are required to support the operations of BNP Paribas. Consistent with Global and CIB Procurement, the mission of NA Procurement is to effectively manage third parties.
NA Procurement Front Office is responsible for ensuring that any new demands strictly adhere to internal procurement policies and procedures as well as securing best deals in a broad category of goods and services. The NA Procurement Middle Office is responsible for ensuring that the demands are managed in the appropriate NA Procurement standards tools (e.g. Coupa, Ariba, IQNavigator, etc.).
• Assist the CIB Canada Chief Procurement Officer with leading, training, and coaching the team
• Assist with organizing daily and weekly responsibilities for the team and ensuring expectations are met
• Support administrative processes within the team
• Provide information and advice to NA and India Solutions Private Limited (ISPL) colleagues throughout the improvement processes.
• Lead the analysis and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
• Educate various business and enforce BNP Paribas NA Procurement policies and best practices;
• Lead the Request for Proposals (RFPs), including developing the bid documents, managing the bid process while ensuring fairness and compliance, evaluating proposals and negotiating contracts with suppliers in order to obtain the best contract price and terms to protect the bank.
• Work with Legal on contract terms and issues leveraging from existing group or regional contractual framework whenever possible.
• Ensure timely delivery of goods and services while observing quality sourcing controls;
• Track all aspects of the sourcing process, from initial business requirements, followed by management validation to final engagement execution.
• Collaborate with management and various business heads in order to provide inputs on budgeting requirements based on purchasing needs
• Provide feedback on the NA Procurement policies and procedures as per group and regulatory requirements
• Coordinate the middle office activities for Canada while ensuring the standards tools are utilized.
• Liaising with suppliers, customers and internal departments;
• Ability to create result-driven reports measuring performance of Procurement Front, Middle and Back Office activities
• Other duties as assigned or required
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, engineering, economics or applied sciences (Master’s degree preferred)
• 8 + years’ experience in procurement preferred
• Preferred experience working in the financial industry and in procurement
• Interpersonal skills to successfully collaborate with various teams of professionals and liaise with internal and external groups/ individuals, locally, regionally and globally
• Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple undertakings at the same time and focus on priorities
• Strong communication and analytical skills
• Strong work ethics and ability to work with confidential information
• Ability to analyze complex situations in a timely and effective manner
• Critical thinking to assist in evaluating supplier information
• Ability to understand legal codes and their application in the procurement process
• Experience with supply management tools/ software including procurement and project management programs (e.g. Coupa, Ariba, IQN, TEM, Hiperos)
• Knowledge of standard database management, enterprise resource planning (ERP), inventory management, point of sale
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, Visio.
• Master’s degree preferred
• Not Applicable
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.