To work as part of the Fund Accounting team providing private equity fund valuation and accounting services to private equity funds and underlying private equity fund vehicles ensuring that they are fully compliant with fund documentation, legal, regulatory requirements and accounting standards to which they are subject.
Ensuring that the provision of fund accounting services are aligned with the client SLA’s, all internal and external deadlines are understood and met and all operational policies, procedures and checklists are followed.
- To prepare, review and analyse of monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual Financial Statements with supporting documentation under various accounting standards (i.e. IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP)
- To prepare monthly valuations, reconciliations of fund draw downs and distributions, accruals, expenses etc.
- To input double entry bookkeeping to the accounting system.
- To perform cash reconciliation and management for the Funds.
- To prepare drawdown, equalisation and distribution calculations in accordance with the Fund documentation.
- To prepare Fund investor capital statements as required.
- To prepare Fund and investor IRR calculation as required.
- To attend client and audit meetings as required in relation to the provision of Financial Statements to investors.
- To liaise with various external and internal parties (e.g. client, external auditor, other BNP offices etc) in the day to day accounting of the Fund and other custom reporting and projects for specific investor needs.
- To provide input in relation to the review and monitoring of existing business process, procedures and checklists to maximise efficiency and productivity in the Private Equity Team.
- To execute group project opportunities relating to the implementation of new product accounting and operational procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- Professional qualification in accounting
- Experience within the finance industry with experience in accounts preparation or valuation in equity, debt or private wealth funds
- Good attention to details
- Experience working in a multi-national environment
- Experience of working to tight deadlines and capable of working independentl
- An excellent working knowledge of various private equity fund structures (GP/LP/Feeder) and the accounting for these structures
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP/UK GAAP/IFRS
- Good time management skills
- Good prioritisation skills to deal with a high volume of time sensitive tasks quickly and appropriately
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package with emphasis on Excel and Word
Primary Location: JerseyJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: OPERATION PROCESSINGEducation Level: Not indicatedExperience Level: Not Indicated