At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Wealth Direct Specialist (WDS) is responsible for managing a portfolio of wealth management clients in the mass affluent segment from across the country as part of the Bank’s new Investor Center (a centralized, digital relationship management and financial advice team), located in Tempe, Arizona. The WDS is responsible for maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding, and advising on clients banking and investment needs to retain assets, discover opportunities outside the bank, deepen client relationships and upstream to Private Client Specialists.
Essential Job Functions
Acts as the primary point of contact (digital/phone based) for a book of affluent and high net worth clients for Wealth Management.
Deepens share of wallet and expands relationships through referrals to Private Client Advisors.
Responsible for following up to ensure all banking services provided to clients exceed their expectations.
Provides clients a high level of proactive and consultative financial advice by using the full range of banking products, including providing financial planning.
Demonstrates solid business development skills by building profitable client relationships with high income/net worth clients of Wealth Management.
Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring needs are met by advising on daily banking, credit, or other relevant products in connection with client's tax, legal, and estate planning professionals and partners with other members of the Wealth Management team on Investments and Insurance products.
Other Job Duties
• Ensures documentation is up to date and complete.
• Maintains excellent and effective client relationships.
• Performs other duties as assigned. .
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Licenses & Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Must be in the process of obtaining FINRA Series 7, 63, and 65 (or Series 66 in place of Series 63 & 65)
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Currently enrolled to complete NASD Series 7, 63, and 65 or (Series 66 in place of Series 63 & 65).
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services for the ultra high end net worth individual market.
- Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit, documentation and portfolio management.
- Solid knowledge of brokerage and investment products.
- Intermediate software application experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services