Private Client Advisor- Wealth Management
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
Recognized subject matter expert. The Wealth Management Senior Relationship Manager is the initial point of contact and the primary contact to bank of the West's highest income / net worth clients. The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a portfolio of clients; maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding, and identifying clients banking and investment needs and providing or arranging a wide array of wealth advice.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the main point of contact for affluent and high end net worth clients for Wealth Management.
- Demonstrates solid business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships with high income/net worth clients of Wealth Management.
- Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring needs are met by utilizing investments, insurance, Daily Banking, Credit or Other relevant products, in connection with clients tax, legal and estate planning professionals.
- Expands client portfolio through referrals to Fiduciary Officers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Advisors, Real Estate, Tax and Estate Officers.
- Responsible for following up to ensure all banking services provided to clients exceed their expectations.
- Expands and builds relationship with client by proactively monitoring client’s portfolio.
- Provides clients a high level of consultative financial advice by using the full range of banking products and services designed for the affluent / high-end private customer needs.
- Ensures all documentation is up to date, complete and in compliance with all policies, regulations, laws and procedures.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior financial planning/investments/banking experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Bus Admin or related field
Licenses & Certifications
Series 7, Series 65 or 66, Life/Variable/Accident & Health Insurance licenses REQUIRED
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services for the high net worth individual market.
- Excellent understanding of the financial planning process particularly focused around discovery and understanding of client needs, wants and wishes
- Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit, documentation and portfolio management Solid knowledge of brokerage and investment products, Intermediate software application experience.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.