At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We celebrate a strong diverse team-oriented
culture rich in collaboration, partnership and career advancement. We
offer a comprehensive benefits package, career growth, and an immediate 6% match
on our 401K plan and 100% vesting on day 1.
Job Description Summary
subject matter expert. The Wealth Management Senior Relationship Manager is the initial point
of contact and the primary contact to bank of the West's highest income / net
worth clients. The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing a
portfolio of clients; maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding,
and identifying clients banking and investment needs and providing or arranging
a wide array of wealth advice.
Essential Job Functions
- Acts as the main point of contact for affluent and high
end net worth clients for Wealth Management.
- Demonstrates solid business development skills by
acquiring profitable client relationships with high income/net worth
clients of Wealth Management.
- Responsible for identifying client needs and ensuring
needs are met by utilizing investments, insurance, Daily Banking, Credit
or Other relevant products, in connection with clients tax, legal and
estate planning professionals.
- Expands client portfolio through referrals to Fiduciary
Officers, Portfolio Managers, Financial Advisors, Real Estate, Tax and
- Responsible for following up to ensure all banking
services provided to clients exceed their expectations.
- Expands and builds relationship with client by
proactively monitoring client’s portfolio.
- Provides clients a high level of consultative financial
advice by using the full range of banking products and services designed
for the affluent / high-end private customer needs.
- Ensures all documentation is up to date, complete and
in compliance with all policies, regulations, laws and procedures.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior financial planning/investments/banking experience.
Licenses & CertificationsSkills
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Bus Admin or related field
- Solid knowledge of financial products and services for
the high net worth individual market.
- Excellent understanding of the financial planning
process particularly focused around discovery and understanding of client
needs, wants and wishes
- Solid knowledge of consumer lending; credit,
documentation and portfolio management Solid knowledge of brokerage and
investment products, Intermediate software application experience.
#LI-LH1Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-PasadenaJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services