Principal Scrum Master
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
We are currently seeking qualified talent who will manage day-to-day aspects of multiple scrum teams, which includes leading Scrum Events (Backlog, Planning, Review, Retrospectives, and Daily Stand Ups) and be an advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, and continuously improving teams. You will act as primary point of contact, information hub, and escalation point within an assigned function for all stakeholders including all functional departments, Clients, and Third Party Suppliers.
- Will be the guardian of a medium to large, fairly complex scrum teams
- Raises impediments and remove roadblocks/distractions, resolving challenges quickly and positively
- Facilitates medium to large team organization and ceremonies such as sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews/demos, and retrospectives, across multiple teams
- Aligns your teams around clear goals and encourage direct, positive involvement in all aspects
- Grows confidence of teams to experiment, iterate, evolve, and learn
- Ensures full transparency with velocity, burn down/up reporting, and communicating team progress with value focused metrics
- Collaborates with Product Owners in backlog grooming
- Leverages your expertise to change mindsets, empower team members, and build great teams
- Consistently improve the process / product and take and receive direct feedback on what’s working and what’s not
- Leads and influences others, including those more senior on best practices
- Anticipates and responds to changes in direction, priority, and sprint performance
- Supports and empowers the teams to make appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Requires highest knowledge and mastery of multiple job areas typically obtained through advanced education combine with experience
- Viewed as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers within and outside the oganization
- Requires 12 years minimum prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced knowledge of agile methodology and scaled framework like Scrum, Kanban, SAFe etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Jira / Confluence / CA PPM (Clarity) / CA Rally or similar tools
- Advanced skills in Stakeholder management, negotiation, and communication
- Advanced planning skills with strong estimation experience in a scrum format
- Advanced ability to bring out the best in others and lead by example
- Advanced interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively with diverse personality types
- Advanced analytical, planning and organizational skills, and a talent for managing competing demands
- Advanced understanding of continuous build and integration environments
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.