Principal Infrastructure Architect
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The architect will be responsible for providing high level technical support for multiple infrastructure technologies (ex. server virtualization, VDI, PKI, datacenter design, operating systems, storage, etc.), storage, operating system support, and supporting technologies with an emphasis on automation.
- Accountable for entire Infrastructure estate across 2 data centers and cloud.
- Provide infrastructure solutions utilizing given technology standards.
- Improve integration of infrastructure technology stack including networking, storage, compute and OS layers.
- Design and implement new technology processes and procedures for optimal capabilities.
- Orchestrate and automate new capabilities leveraging VMware vRealize Automation, vRealize Orchestrator, Ansible, Powershell and other tools to facilitate operational efficiency.
- Deploy, Document, and Automate the implementation of technologies and platforms supporting a complex corporate data infrastructure
- Function as a player-coach for a team of talented infrastructure professionals.
- Investigate, facilitate, and implement improvements for monitoring and system health, as well as troubleshoot existing storage infrastructure and data center hardware deployments
- Ensure high availability of enterprise platforms that support internal employee business functions and external customer contact
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10 years of experience providing infrastructure solutions and support.
- Diverse experience with multiple technologies in an enterprise environment.
- Strong experience with adjacent technologies such as Networking, FC storage, and Operating Systems.
- Experience with major enterprise hardware platforms, i.e. Nutanix, UCS, HP, EMC, etc. in an enterprise environment.
- Comfortable adapting to dynamic, rapid and shifting environments
- Experience creating innovative and unique solutions for automation using scripting languages and simplifying administration for others
- Demonstrated ability to teach new skills and concepts to junior members of the team
- Strong communication skills and self-starter attitude with a strong ability to exercise independent judgment and critical thinking with minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Best Practices
- Analytical and research skills and problem solving
- Strong communication skills and ability to work independently
Possible: 24x7; on-call/off hour support; weekend; holidays.
Sedentary Work: lifting up to 30lbs, occasional standing/walking.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.